***Note this competition has been extended until 5pm Monday 3rd June***
When you’re into guitars, there’s always something you’re after. Whether it’s something shiny and new, or something old and scruffy, there will always be an instrument after which you lust, your perfect, personal custom guitar.
What about the instruments that haven’t been made though? Does your perfect guitar exist? Have you ever found yourself thinking “well, I like the the comfort and style of a Strat body, but what if it had the scale length of a Les Paul, and had a humbucker at the bridge and a single coil at the neck like a ’72 Custom Tele?”
Here is the place to dream, and then tell us about what makes your perfect, ultimate, custom guitar! What’s more, the best/most popular three dream guitar comments we get before 5pm on Monday 27th May will win! Yes, you can have an Epiphone accessory pack worth £19.99!
Custom guitar dreams…
As I’m writing this blog post, I get to go first:
Start with a Les Paul Standard Goldtop and then imagine this:
- Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece replaced with a Wraparound bridge/tailpiece.
- Add coil splitting to the humbuckers with push/pull volume pots, a push/pull on the neck tone pot to change the polarity, and a push/pull on the bridge tone pot to change the humbucker wiring from series to parallel. That should be a pretty versatile range of tones without having to add the extra switches as seen on the Jimmy Page #2 Les Paul.
- Throw in nickel hardware (I think it looks nicer as it ages), Kluson Tulip tuners, Top Hat knobs, a lightback finish and a reasonably satin neck, and I think I’m just about there. A versatile and modern guitar with definite roots in the past!
Your dream custom guitar!
Latest posts by Fynn Callum (see all)
- The sE X1 S – say hello to a great new condenser microphone - March 29, 2017
- How do I install my Eurorack modular case and power supply? - March 22, 2017
- Experience the Akai MPC at Red Dog Music – your MPC Specialist Centre - March 14, 2017