Since Daisuke Asakura leaked an image of the Roland JD-Xi in the dying hours of 2014, we’ve collated all the information, rumours and speculation on this new synth in one place:
- Expected to be announced on 22nd January at NAMM 2015.
- Vocoder with integrated VT3 vocal processing.
- Replacement for the Roland GAIA SH01
- Expected to compete on price/features with MicroKORG series and Novation UltraNova.
- Possibly a Roland first for their current lines, having MicroKORG-style mini keys.
- No “menu diving”: Main functions, parameters and features have dedicated controller knobs / buttons
- Thought to be hybrid of analogue and digital; System-1-style analogue modelling at the least.
- 16/32-step synth sequencer to rival the rumoured ARP Odyssey reissues from KORG and Behringer.
- Roland TR-909 / TR8 style mix of analogue and sampled drum sounds
- D-Beam functionality: UNKNOWN.
Heard anything else on the rumour mill? We’d love to hear from you…
Latest posts by Guy Perchard (see all)
- Edinburgh Meadows Festival 2016 – Red Dog Music stage line-up - May 27, 2016
- Roland Juno DS: the best budget keyboard on the planet? - May 20, 2016
- Looking for percussion in Edinburgh? Check out Red Dog Music! - May 17, 2016