The days are getting longer, the wind is getting warmer, and the air is getting sweeter. Before you know it, the biggest volunteer-run outdoor festival in Scotland will be upon us! The Edinburgh Meadows Festival has been running since 1974 and gets bigger and better with every year, with tens of thousands of revellers gathering in the meadows to enjoy live music, games, stalls, and – if we’re lucky – a bit of sunshine.
Meadows Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland – Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th June 2016
Do you think your band has what it takes to perform at the Meadows Festival in 2016? Red Dog Music are looking for acts to play on the main stage. Fill out the survey below if you’d like your band to be considered, but first check out the…
Terms & conditions
- Personal information gathered will only be available to Red Dog Music and the Meadows Festival committee, we won’t sell your information to anybody.
- Applications must be in by midnight, Sunday 24th April. Successful applicants only will be notified on Monday 2nd May.
- Last year we received over 200 applications for just 8 slots, so don’t be disheartened if you’re not chosen. There’s always next year!
- By applying, you agree to receive the Red Dog Music weekly newsletter email. It’s pretty awesome, but you can unsubscribe at any point.
- By applying, you are agreeing to play for no charge. As the Meadows Festival is volunteer run, we cannot offer payment to performers. We’re generally against musicians playing for free (we kind of depend on musicians getting paid for our own livelihood!), but the Meadows Festival is different. It is a community interest charity entirely run by a committee of unpaid volunteers working tirelessly over the whole year with the express aim of improving the quality of life of Edinburgh residents by providing them with an awesome event. No-one profits from the festival other than stallholders who pay their way (and ultimately help cover the running costs for the event). The festival simply would not be able to happen if acts had to be paid. For example, Red Dog Music sponsors the festival by organising the main stage, managing the performances at the event and supplying the sound engineers for free in support of what we see as a vital event in Edinburgh’s music calendar.
Latest posts by Guy Perchard (see all)
- Edinburgh Meadows Festival 2016 – Red Dog Music stage line-up - May 27, 2016
- Roland Juno DS: the best budget keyboard on the planet? - May 20, 2016
- Looking for percussion in Edinburgh? Check out Red Dog Music! - May 17, 2016