As 2016 comes to an end, it’s time to look back at the new music I loved this year in vaguely ranked order for dramatic effect. The first place was a no-brainer and goes to one of my all-time favourite artists, Marissa Nadler and her unbelievably beautiful 7th album ‘Strangers’.
1. Marissa Nadler – Strangers
2. Angel Olsen – My Woman
3. Weyes Blood – Front Row Seat to Earth
4. David Bowie – Blackstar
5. Mitski – Puberty2
6. Parquet Courts – Human Performance
7. Brian Jonestown Massacre – Third World Pyramid
8. Hayley Bonar – Impossible Dream
9. Mothers – When You Walk A Long Distance You Are Tired
10. Lucy Dacus – No Burden
So that’s it, it’s been a seriously amazing year for new music and those are the records that were able to bring a lot of light in to a bizarre year. Hopefully you’ve found something new that you like here! We’re looking forward to what next year will bring us!
Latest posts by Linda (see all)
- Sunday Spotlight: Dawnings (Music is Torture) - May 18, 2017
- Sunday Spotlight: Dog on a Swing - May 14, 2017
- V-drums Masterclass with Craig Blundell at Red Dog Music Edinburgh - May 10, 2017