It’s the Red Dog Music Sunday Spotlight! This week in Sunday Spotlight, we meet:
1. Hello! Who are you, where are you from and all that good stuff.
The Small Change Diaries are a Leeds based acoustic ensemble
Nick Cody – ukuleles and vocals
Jessica Bowie – ukuleles and vocals
Adrian Knowles – Double bass
Rich Ferdinando – percussion
2. Tell us a bit about the music you make.
We are dedicated to playing original acoustic music for the head and heart with an emphasis on provocative lyrics
3. When did you start and what made you want to start making music?
The band was formed in 2014 and is based around a love of acoustic music. We wanted to create some ORIGINAL music and are part of the Original Ukulele Songs Project http://originalukulelesongs.com/ The debut album Adam Blames Eve had numerous tracks played on BBC Introducing in 2015 and 2016
4. Stage or studio?
To date we have released one full album and an EP with another album due in 2017. We have played festivals in the UK and overseas including The Lagoa Guitar Festival (photo attached) Wetherby Arts Festival and The Grand Northern UKULELE Festival
5. What gear do you use to make your tunes?
6. And what is your choice bit of gear and why?
In the studio UAD Duo card and plug ins. For live work Henriksen Bud amps. These are the best units for creating a really excellent analogue sound as well as being 100% reliable!
7. Where can we check out your tunes?
Red Dog Music Sunday Spotlight is your chance to get your music in front of the world, and our chance to discover some great new sounds. If you want to be featured in this weekly column, you can get all the details here.
Latest posts by Fynn Callum (see all)
- Red Dog Music London is a Quested Monitors Super Centre - February 15, 2018
- How to get started with Ableton Live 10 - February 9, 2018
- Red Dog Music’s Top Five: Super Bowl Half-time shows - February 4, 2018