Roland has just announced the latest addition to the excellent FA series of workstation synths: the 76-key Roland FA-07 fits neatly between the 61-key FA-06 and the 88-key FA-08 (see what they did there?), offering the perfect balance between portable synth and professional powerhouse. Need one instrument that can take you from the studio to the stage without wrecking your back? The FA-07 may well be the one for you…
All the details of the Roland FA-07? No, just give me the headlines!
If you’re already familiar with the FA series, then you already know them. The FA-07 has everything that the FA-06 and FA-08 have, the only difference being the 76-key semi-weighted velocity sensitive keyboard. If you’re not familiar, the FA series is Roland’s reinterpretation of the modern workstation synth: built for fast workflow and intuitive performance, not endless scrolling through menus. The FA-07 features:
- Over 2000 varied sounds inherited from Roland’s phenomenal INTEGRA-7 sound module, plus a variety of studio-quality effects
- Expressive 76-note semi-weighted velocity-sensitive keyboard: large enough for multiple splits and zones
- Hands-on expression with the XY-pitch/mod control, D-beam and Sound Modify knobs
- 16-track sequencer allows quick building of loops and arrangements. Export full songs to SD card or individual audio/MIDI tracks to your DAW
- On-board sampling derived from Roland’s SP404SX, featuring 16 pads for triggering loops, one-shots and sound effects
- One-touch DAW control
- Easy to read colour LCD screen
Very cool, but how does the FA-07 sound?
If you want to hear what this synth has under the hood, give this video a watch:
Latest posts by Lewis Saunders (see all)
- Big Savings on iZotope Plugins in the iZotope Winter Sale! - November 22, 2017
- 30 Minutes With Ableton Live – Part 3 - November 8, 2017
- 30 Minutes With Ableton Live 9 – Part 2 - November 1, 2017