1. Hello! Who are you, where are you from and all that good stuff.
Hi, I am Matt Hooper AKA Complete Cycle, Originally from S.E London but have just moved to the lovely Holmfirth in West Yorkshire.
Tell us a bit about the music you make.
A fusion of styles spanning Breakbeat, Funk, Soundtrack, World, Electronica, Rock, etc. With a healthy mixture of live and programmed instruments.
3. When did you start and what made you want to start making music?
I got into music as a kid, we lived in a pub and a band played at weekends, I use to watch the guitarist playing for hours. when I was 7 he gave me his old guitar (cheers Brian) and that was it, I was hooked.
4. Stage or studio?
I use to play live and did a fair few sessions back in the 90’s /early 2000’s but after having a chance to produce an album for London based Jazz Funk band The Soul Immigrants I soon realised I was way more into producing than performing, that is still true today.
5. What gear do you use to make your tunes?
But most of the time I use lots of virtual instruments like Omnisphere 2, Komplete Ultimate, M-Ton Pro (and way too many to mention).
6. And what is your choice bit of gear and why?
Has to be Native Instruments Kontakt, That’s for sure my desert island instrument. There are so many great libraries out there for it, it’s mind blowing.
7. Where can we check out your tunes?
Over on my Bandcamp page.
Red Dog Music is the UK’s friendliest musical instrument and pro-audio dealer. Between our 5000 square foot Edinburgh shop filled with an incredible range of products, a spectacular shop in Leeds, and a London showroom in Clapham specialising in high-end instruments, dj and pro-audio, Red Dog Music has you covered from north to south and from performance to playback.
Latest posts by Linda (see all)
- Buy an Apogee Esemble or Element and get 20+ Eventide plugins for free! - July 10, 2018
- Sunday Spotlight: Phenakism - July 10, 2018
- Ableton Day & Link Jam at Red Dog Music London - July 6, 2018