1. Hello! Who are you, where are you from and all that good stuff.
Hi, my name is Kiran Lallbeeharry and I’m the guitarist in Concrete Natives. We’re a London based 5 piece band. Our aim is get people moving with our sweet groove and to keep the party going.
2. Tell us a bit about the music you make.
We’ve taken influences from the funk, soul and rock n’ roll legends and put a modern spin on it.
3. When did you start and what made you want to start making music?
The band has been together for about 18 months. In that time we’ve written 8 songs. I personally wanted to explore making music. I have been playing for around 15 years but never made a serious commitment to creating my own music. That all changed when I answered an ad on the web. It was from the singer asking for a lead guitarist and a keys player. I responded, we all met over beers and by the end of our first practice we had half of our first song. By the end of the 2nd practice we had the basis for 3! It is without a doubt one of the most rewarding ways I spend my time. The whole concept of having an idea and bringing it to my band members and they’re make it flourish into something unique is infinitely rewarding.
4. Stage or studio?
I can only speak for myself but I prefer the stage. Seeing the white of people’s eyes as they smile, dance and sing along to your music is an amazing feeling that can’t be easily matched.
5. What gear do you use to make your tunes?
I play a Fender partscaster I built myself. That runs into a Cry Baby and then a Boo tube screamer copy. That then goes into a DD6, a GE7 and then EVH Phase 90. My amp is a Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212.
6. And what is your choice bit of gear and why?
It would have to be my Fender partscaster. I built it specifically for the band. It’s got components from my first ever guitar and plays amazingly sweet.
7. Where can we check out your tunes?
Red Dog Music is the UK’s friendliest musical instrument and pro-audio dealer. Between our 5000 square foot Edinburgh shop filled with an incredible range of products, a spectacular shop in Leeds, and a London showroom in Clapham specialising in high-end instruments, dj and pro-audio, Red Dog Music has you covered from north to south and from performance to playback.
Latest posts by Linda (see all)
- A year’s supply of free coffee when you buy Adam A7X studio monitors! - November 6, 2018
- Sunday Spotlight: Sans Soucis - November 5, 2018
- Novation introduce ‘Sound Collective’ a new source of free sounds for Novation users! - November 1, 2018