Elektron Digitone. Digital synthesiser and sequencer. NAMM 2018. Shipping imminently.
Do you need more than that? Probably, I suppose. For some, the simple mention of a new Elektron release is sufficient to instantly reach for the ‘buy’ button, but, in the interests of actually doing my job, let me take a few sentences to introduce the Elektron Digitone.
The Elektron Digitone – an introduction
Let’s meet the Elektron Digitone. The Digitone is the new 8 voice digital synthesiser from Elektron. Digital synthesis is great. Analogue is amazing as well, but just think of some of those iconic FM sounds…
With the Elektron Digitone, it sounds like you won’t have to remember any less than fond memories of programming those patches…
The Digitone, we are told, puts FM synthesis in the workflow you already know from subtractive synthesis. All of a sudden, those sounds you hear in your head can be programmed more intuitively; you can spend more time being creative, and less time being a mathematician.
Okay, so: Elektron Digitone – 8 voice polyphonic multi-timbral digital synthesiser. Got it, but, as this is Elektron, there’s more.
Anyway, for now, Cenk, take us through the Elektron Digitone:
Elektron Digitone – the features
- Eight voice digital synthesiser
- An FM synth that puts the friendly into FM
- The Elektron Digitone combines FM synthesis with the workflows you know from subtractive synthesis for intuitive programming
- 8 voice polyphony with multitimbrality
- Multiple FM algorithms
- Filters, overdrive and 2x LFOs per voice
- Four synth and four MIDI sequencer tracks
- Arpeggiator per track
- Hey, you already know how great the Elektron sequencer is! Parameter locks, micro-timing, independent sequence lengths…
- Chorus, delay, reverb and overdrive master effects
- 2 × ¼” audio input
- 2 × ¼” balanced audio output
- Headphones output
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- MIDI IN/OUT/THRU ports with DIN sync out
- W215 × D176 × H63mm (8.5 × 7.2 × 2.5’’) including knobs and rubber feet
- Ultra-crisp OLED screen (for optimal visibility in dimly lit environments)
- Tough, durable and precise rubber knobs and backlit keys good for 50 million presses
- Weighs around 1.45 kg (3.2 lbs)
When can I get an Elektron Digitone?
Excited yet? We are. And it sounds like – although let’s wait and see what demand does – it will be shipping from, well, RIGHT NOW! – Update, it looks like that first batch has gone already, but we’ll find out ETAs for the next batch just as soon as we can.
If you’re as excited about the Elektron Digitone as we are and want to secure yours as early as possible, get in touch to pre-order yours today!
Want to hear the Elektron Digitone?
How’s this for starters?
Can I demo the Elektron Digitone now?
Do you have an Elektron Digitone review?
Not yet, we’ve only just heard about it, but we will, just as soon as we possibly can!
Latest posts by Fynn Callum (see all)
- Red Dog Music London is a Quested Monitors Super Centre - February 15, 2018
- How to get started with Ableton Live 10 - February 9, 2018
- Red Dog Music’s Top Five: Super Bowl Half-time shows - February 4, 2018