1. Hello! Who are you, where are you from and all that good stuff.
We are Little Love And The Friendly Vibes: Euan, Leonora, Steve and Graham, from Edinburgh. We’ve written and released four EPs, two albums and seven music videos since 2012. Although our base is Edinburgh, we’ve recently played shows in other cities eg Glasgow, Dunfermline and even England and been getting increasing interest from radio stations and online fans.
2. Tell us a bit about the music you make.
We write anthemic Power–Pop: loud, energetic, rhythmically funky music with plenty of fuzz guitar and boy & girl vocals. Our lyrics are a humorous synopsis of working class life. Our influences are diverse, ranging from disco to punk, including: B52s, Electric Six, James Brown, Buzzcocks, Shop Assistants, Gang of Four, Sham 69.
3. When did you start and what made you want to start making music?
Euan heard the unique and exciting sound of Art Brut in 2006 and felt inspired to get over his inherent shyness and have a go at writing and performing. Since then, music has been a constant outlet for his expression.
4. Stage or studio?
Stage. We’re a very entertaining live band, characterised by high energy performance and theatrical frolics.
5. What gear do you use to make your tunes?
Euan: Fender Telecaster guitar & Marshall amp. Boss DS1 Distortion, Behringer Vintage Overdrive and a Zoom portable recorder for writing.
Steve: Schecter bass, Boss Bass Overdrive, Ibanez Phaser, Boss Space Echo.
Leonora: Vocals, Stylophone and jumping up and down.
Graham: Pearl Export kit, Zildjian cymbals, LP percussion.
6. And what is your choice bit of gear and why?
Euan: Behringer Vintage Overdrive – because it cuts right through the mix.
Steve: Boss Bass Overdrive – because it gives me a distinctive angry bass sound.
Graham: Vintage Premier piccolo snare – because it sounds like the 1970s.
Red Dog Music is the UK’s friendliest musical instrument and pro-audio dealer. Between our 5000 square foot Edinburgh shop filled with an incredible range of products, a spectacular shop in Leeds, and a London showroom in Clapham specialising in high-end instruments, dj and pro-audio, Red Dog Music has you covered from north to south and from performance to playback.
Latest posts by Linda (see all)
- A year’s supply of free coffee when you buy Adam A7X studio monitors! - November 6, 2018
- Sunday Spotlight: Sans Soucis - November 5, 2018
- Novation introduce ‘Sound Collective’ a new source of free sounds for Novation users! - November 1, 2018