1. Hello! Who are you, where are you from and all that good stuff.
Hi! My name is Beth and I am part of a Leeds based duo called Phenakism.
2. Tell us a bit about the music you make.
Me and Liam (Phenakism) mainly make psychedelic electronic music which we perform live around Leeds. The music we make is usually quite upbeat and is great to dance to.
3. When did you start and what made you want to start making music?
We started making music about a year ago through university. Liam was already making electronic music on his own but wanted to work with more people so we started writing songs together which I would sing over. We got a good reaction to the music we made and it all just continued from there.
4. Stage or studio?
Both really. Liam is really good at producing so is really into all the studio stuff whereas I love being on stage and performing.
5. What gear do you use to make your tunes?
6. And what is your choice bit of gear and why?
Mine would be my Korg Monologue. Synthesisers and creating sounds was what really got me into making electronic music. I just love all the possibilities you have when using an analogue synthesiser.
7. Where can we check out your tunes?
You can find our stuff online on our website.
Latest posts by Linda (see all)
- Buy an Apogee Esemble or Element and get 20+ Eventide plugins for free! - July 10, 2018
- Sunday Spotlight: Phenakism - July 10, 2018
- Ableton Day & Link Jam at Red Dog Music London - July 6, 2018