Oops! Did you get here from our newsletter? We sent you to the wrong link, sorry! For the Missy Mcanulty Sunday Spotlight, please head over here 🙂
1. Hello! Who are you, where are you from and all that good stuff.
Hi I am Matt, I am a keyboard player based in Bournemouth. And amongst other things I am working on a project called Aliped.
2. Tell us a bit about the music you make.
Aliped music is keyboard based progressive rock featuring conceptual pieces, soundscapes, irregular time signatures and the occasional indulgent instrumental solo track! A lot of Aliped stuff was written between 2001 and 2005 before being shelved in favour of other projects. Over the last two years I have been revisiting this old material and reworking it and often rewriting tracks.
3. When did you start and what made you want to start making music?
I started making music in 1999 just before I started college. I had learnt to play various music by bands like Queen, Pink Floyd and Rick Wakeman. It was Wakeman who had the biggest influence on me though, especially “Journey to the Centre of the Earth” – I learnt the whole album!
4. Stage or studio?
I would say stage. That’s the presentation of the music.
5. What gear do you use to make your tunes?
I use an array of keyboards, synthesizers and samplers. Kurzweil PC1x, PC3 and K2500x are the main ones. Along with Roland JD800, JV2080, XV5080, Korg Trinity, Prophecy, Moog Minimoog, and Akai S1000, E-Mu E4 Ultra samplers. There are others which come and go for various bits.
I use mostly piano sounds to write with then add other sounds and textures to bring the music to life.
6. And what is your choice bit of gear and why?
I love my Kurzweil keyboards because of the sound! The V.A.S.T. synth engine is incredible and just as powerful as ever. I was able to programme a lot of my old Roland JD800 sounds into my Kurzweil PC3 with excellent results. I programmed my own Church Organ sound from scratch on my K2500x using just the V.A.S.T. synth engine because I didn’t like the preset versions.
7. Where can we check out your tunes?
On my Soundcloud page.
Latest posts by Linda (see all)
- A year’s supply of free coffee when you buy Adam A7X studio monitors! - November 6, 2018
- Sunday Spotlight: Sans Soucis - November 5, 2018
- Novation introduce ‘Sound Collective’ a new source of free sounds for Novation users! - November 1, 2018