Introducing Moog One
Moog have announced Moog One, “a tri-timbral, polyphonic, analogue dream-synth with nearly unlimited sonic potential…”, Moog’s first polyphonic analogue synth in over three decades, their most innovative instrument to date. We have no doubts this is the ultimate dream synth, destined to make history…
Moog One comes in either 8-voice or 16-voice configurations. Each individual voice circuit contains an analogue signal path more powerful than a Minimoog Voyager, harnessing the power of 3 newly-designed dual-output analogue VCOs with ring mod and FM, 2 independent analogue filters, a dual source analogue noise generator, analogue mixer with external audio input, 4 LFOs, and 3 envelope generators.
Each of Moog One’s three analogue timbres is an independently addressable poly synth, each with its own sequencer, arpeggiator, and onboard effects library, including a suite of professional reverbs from Eventide.
Check out the AMA (‘Ask Me Anything’) on Reddit with Moog’s Product Design Engineer Amos Gaynes. The AMA is now over, but there’s a really interesting selection of user questions for those wanting to get details, information and learn more about Moog one straight from the Moog engineers.
Specs and Features
- 8 or 16 voice polyphony
- 3 VCOs per voice with waveshape mixing and OLED displays
- Unison Mode (up to 48 Oscillators on a 16-voice instrument)
- 2 filters per voice with filter mixing (2x Multimode State Variable filters that function as a single filter, and a classic low pass / high pass Moog Ladder filter)
- 3 DAHDSR envelopes per voice with user-definable curves
- 3-part multitimbrality
- Sequencer and arpeggiator per timbre
- Chord memory
- Dual source noise generator with dedicated envelope
- Mixer with external audio input
- Ring modulation with selectable routing
- Oscillator FM and Hard Sync with selectable routing
- 4 assignable LFOs
- Premium 61-note Fatar TP-8S with velocity and aftertouch
- Assignable pressure-sensing X/Y pad
- Digital Effects (Synth and Master Bus)
- Eventide reverbs
- Selectable glide types
- USB and DIN MIDI
- Save, categorise, and recall tens of thousands of presets
- Create performance sets to make up to 64 presets accessible at the push of a button
See the first Moog One in London this weekend
We are honoured to be able show you the UK’s very first demo unit this weekend at our pop-up stall at We Are Robots Festival in London. We’ll be in one of the glass-fronted shops on Brick Lane 12 – 14 October, so pop in to see Moog One in the flesh and get to be the first to play it.
How can you get one?
All Moog synths are hand-built in the Moog Factory in North Carolina, which means stock for the Moog One will be extremely limited. Our pre-orders will be allocated on a ‘first come first served’ basis. If you’d like to reserve one, or find out what finance options we have available, just contact us using the form below.
Latest posts by Linda (see all)
- A year’s supply of free coffee when you buy Adam A7X studio monitors! - November 6, 2018
- Sunday Spotlight: Sans Soucis - November 5, 2018
- Novation introduce ‘Sound Collective’ a new source of free sounds for Novation users! - November 1, 2018