Red Dog Music | Oct 9, 2018 | 0
Productivity Tips For Your Music Projects – Part 2
Productivity tips: Part 2
Following on from the last article which featured an in depth look at productivity, here are some practical tips for you to try:
- Break your day down into sections considering what tasks and projects you will work on and when.
- Experiment with different task management and productivity software – putting time into finding a system that works for you can help to save you time in the long run.
- If you don’t like software and prefer physical lists try journaling techniques such as bullet journals or template journals.
- Remove obvious distraction such as your phone, tablet, email or internet access.
- Remove less obvious distractions such as equipment you don’t need for a given project.
- Start your day with exercise.
- Consider mindfulness practices including meditation, affirmations and gratitude.
- Setting yourself incentives can be a great way to self motivate.
I also spoke to 3D artist Tarik Ali from ArtBeatAway and he shared a few of his productivity tips:
- I listen to music on Spotify, it is a fantastic source of music to match the mood you are in and it helps concentration when working at home on your own.
- In between tasks, even it is just for 5-10mins, I undertake quick tasks including making sure all my accounts are up-to-date so I don’t have a mad rush at the end of the tax year.
- I find that getting out of your work room for lunch and small breaks can be a great help. When I am busy I sometimes find it hard to make time for small breaks, but when I do I find myself much more productive and refreshed when I return.
- Be critical of your work but don’t put yourself down, if you are not happy with it and you have done your best, take some time to learn some new techniques to utilise and move forward.
I hope this article gives you some ideas to consider with regards to your own career. If you would like to read more of my articles visit www.theaudiotapes.com.